Leelanau County MARSP
How do I Renew or Join?
MEMBERSHIP DUES - The membership year is from July 1st to June 30th.
Local Dues/year $10 - (Beginning July 1, 2018) No charge for chapter dues for those over 80 years of age
State Dues /year $35 - All current MARSP members 85 or older are offered annual memberships with reduced dues.
Contact for Leelanau Chapter/State Membership Information: Judith Brow – 231-256-9707 - or email: [email protected]
State Dues options are available for Three-Year Membership and Lifetime Membership by contacting MARSP on their website www.marsp.org or by phone 888-960-4022.
MARSP begins sending out renewal memberships and membership appeals early in the calendar year. These renewals are for the membership year beginning on July 1st.
Membership is for retired Michigan Public School Personnel, their spouses, and beneficiaries. Associate Memberships are for those currently working in Michigan Public Schools and are available at the same rates as regular dues.
Members only DISCOUNTS
MARSP members enjoy savings with Apple, Dell, hotels, rental cards and thousands of online discounts!
- MARSP membership gives you even more savings through AMBA discounts. Made available through the Association Member Benefits Advisors, you can explore thousands of online and local savings on everything from dining, cards, clothes, entertainment, travel and many other valuable discounts that save you money and add value to your membership.
- MARSP members can access these savings by going to the MARSP website, www.marsp.org, for further information on receiving the activation code to access discounts immediately. Follow the “Community” tab and click on “AMBA” to begin.
MARSP Offers Members the Following
> Promote the preservation and enhancement of current levels of pension income through legislation, oversight of MPSERS, and individual guidance to members.
> Advocate for quality public education in a non-partisan manner making it possible for all retirees to be involved regardless of political leanings.
> Promote the preservation and enhancement of health care benefits.
> Offer timely assistance and information about member insurance.
- Annual conferences for the latest updates on your pension and health benefits.
- Training workshops to equip our members to be their best advocates.
- Members receive four issues of the MARSP newsletter, VANGUARD, each year.
- MARSP website with resources for members and association leadership.
- Member benefits discounts on travel, computers, phone and insurance.
- Connect with colleagues and friends at local chapter meetings.
- Opportunity to volunteer for local or state committees to become involved.